Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Miss, what are you taking this so seriously for? Most of us aren't gonna go to college anyway."

Carolyn's due date is January 26th, right in the middle of finals week.  All of her grades, which weren't amazing to begin with (but she was trying), have plummeted and she's been missing a lot of school for doctor's appointments.  It really hurt me to hear her say that, because she was always so positive and it just shows how discouraged she's gotten.

I also found out that the network is adding requirements for graduation.  I have a bunch of students in situations where they are already not on track to graduate in four years, I can only imagine what will happen now!

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up! Sometimes kids don't get any encouragement outside school at all, and all they need is for someone to tell them how great they are and how much they can achieve. I'm sure you're already doing this, and I'm sure the effect is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete