Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreaded 7th Period

My seventh period was really horrible, mean, and disrespectful to me today.  No teaching or learning or anything productive occurred in that class.  It was really disappointing because I was on such a high after Tuesday...my co-teacher and I had our best co-taught lesson of the whole year, where I got to bring a lot of art into the geometry unit and our rough 5th period was actually having fun and learning.  Then yesterday we had a snow day, so today was bound to go downhill from there, I guess.

One of my students is now going around telling everyone "we made Ms. C cry," even though I actually didn't cry until way after they left.  15 year olds can be such jerks when they want to be.  I understand that they are stressed because finals are coming up, but today was ridiculous.  I felt especially lucky today to have such a supportive staff, because instead of sitting in my room crying by myself, I had four different teachers to go to that made me feel better.  My co teacher even suggested I write them a letter, so I did, but I'm a little nervous about how that is going to go.  This is the first time since I met my students that I am not going to be happy to see them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment