Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crazy Wednesdays

Mr. B (the 9th grade Special Ed teacher, who is also a first year teacher) and I decided to dedicate each day to a different subject in Resource Room.  Math Mondays, English Tuesdays, History Thursdays, Science Fridays.  Wednesdays are shortened periods (30 minutes instead of 56) because the students have half days, and teachers stay the rest of the day for professional development. I thought having short classes would make the day go by so quick...but it's chaos!! 


This pretty much sums it up:


"Miss, I can tell you're having a bad day."
"No I'm not, what makes you think that?"
"Your hair is a mess."

5 seconds later, I attempted to take a pen off of a desk and walk away, not realizing it was the pen I had attached by a string to the bathroom sign out sheet.  Needless to say, I gave my kids some good laughs today.

On a not-so-funny note...the social/emotional counselor told me today that one of my students is 3 months pregnant.  She wanted all of her teachers to know so that she wouldn't get in trouble for leaving to go to the bathroom a lot.  She's a really silly girl who seriously wants to be a mortician when she grows up.  I don't even know what to think right now.

1 comment: